It is a good idea to wear blaze orange or bright colored clothing while walking through the Paint Branch (and other forested areas), especially during the fall when deer hunters are out. Please contact us if you find anything that looks suspicious, or if you have any questions.
Thanks for your help!
- If you find any sewage leaks or odors, call the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission's 24-hour hotline immediately at: 301-206-4002
- If you find pollution coming from storm drains call the Montgomery County DEP Pipe Detectives : 301-217-6328
- You can also join the Montgomery County Pipe Detectives
See our Alert concerning fuel oil contamination by home heating tanks.
Other Things You Should Look For:
Please call the appropriate numbers immediately if you see any of the following.
- Illegal Dumping;
Montgomery County (MC) Sheriff, 301-217-7000
Also call the MC OEPC Illegal Dumping Hotline, 301-217-3867
- Sediment Erosion (Including Construction Sites);
MC DEP Sediment Control Hotline, 240-777-6260
- Trash and Debris in Parks and Streams;
- Off Road Vehicle Use or Other Destruction of Parkland;
MC Park Police, 301-949-3010
- Poaching; (In Paint Branch Park it is illegal to hunt or kill game, including taking fish or game out of the park.); Catch-A-Poacher Program, 1-800-635-6124
Yes, poaching is a problem in the Paint Branch.